Columbia governance of EpicTogether includes constituents from all Columbia clinical disciplines, as well as our faculty practice organization and subject matter experts. Decision making for EpicTogether is driven by our primary goal: delivering top-quality care to our patients.
The Steering Committees are the primary governance structure established for Columbia.
- Epic Transformation Action Committee (ETAC) is responsible for change management and oversight over organizational decisions during the migration to Epic. It was launched in March 2018, replacing its precursor, the Executive Readiness Advisory Committee (ERAC). The ERAC was launched in advance of the migration to establish a structure for the project.
- Practice Readiness Workgroup is responsible for helping individual practices prepare for the transition through assistance with standardization activities, cross-departmental access, and referral management. This workgroup will collaborate with practices to establish a redesign team that assesses gaps in its current state of readiness for transition to the Epic platform.
- Practice Management Information Systems Workgroup is responsible for reviewing what current processes can be modified to deliver better service to our patients with the new platform.
- Revenue Cycle Workgroup identifies reimbursement and operations issues and develops approaches to mitigate downstream impacts.
- Analytics Workgroup addresses data management concerns, including reporting logic during the crossover, replication of existing reports in the new system, data conversion, and impact on our data warehouse.
- Communications Workgroup is responsible for developing a multimedia communications plan aimed at all relevant audiences, including front-line physicians and staff, patients, and other constituents.
- Finance and Human Resources Workgroup is responsible for budgeting, funding, and staffing for this project.
- Departmental Administrators Council assesses the global impact of system migration and other business changes, and provides feedback and recommendations on best practices and processes to effectively manage change at the department level.